  1. I think the BB is too noisy! Which Fan did you guys use to make it more
    quiet???
    Sasa

    Sasa Milkowski, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Sasa Milkowski

    Clas Mehus Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:17:11 +0100, "Sasa Milkowski"
    <> wrote:

    >I think the BB is too noisy! Which Fan did you guys use to make it more
    >quiet???

    BB?

    --
    Clas Mehus
    Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

    Clas Mehus, Dec 30, 2003

  3. BB= Barebone

    Sasa Milkowski, Dec 31, 2003
  4. No one out there ever replaced the original Fan with a Pabst or something
    like that???
    Come on guys...
    Sasa

    Sasa Milkowski, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Sasa Milkowski

    Clas Mehus Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:53:29 +0100, "Sasa Milkowski"
    <> wrote:

    >No one out there ever replaced the original Fan with a Pabst or something
    >like that???

    Havn't done it personally, but others have. Know some even have used
    12 and 17 dB fans from Pabst. I guess you just have to test, and
    monitor the temperatures. If it will be enough or not might depend on
    how much heat your configuration make -- faster CPU, more heat --
    powerful videoboard, more heat -- some HDDs gets wormer than others
    etc....

    Clas Mehus, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Sasa Milkowski

    Mooze Guest

    "Sasa Milkowski" <> wrote in message
    > No one out there ever replaced the original Fan with a Pabst or something
    > like that???
    > Come on guys...
    > Sasa

    I changed to a 17 dB pabst. Not really any help as it is the tiny fan in the
    small power supply that makes the most noise.

    Mooze

    Mooze, Jan 2, 2004
  7. And anybody tried the new SilentX Power Supply which is supposed not to
    make such a noise?!?!?! How much does it cost? Its not available here...
    Sasa

    Sasa Milkowski, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Sasa Milkowski

    Clas Mehus Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:01:46 +0100, "Sasa Milkowski"
    <> wrote:

    >And anybody tried the new SilentX Power Supply which is supposed not to
    >make such a noise?!?!?! How much does it cost? Its not available here...
    >Sasa

    Have it here in a ST61G4. Seems a little better than the 200 and 220W
    PSUs, but havn't done a direct comparison.

    Clas Mehus, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Sasa Milkowski

    eric Guest

    since it looks like you are from germany, you might wanna try the
    'NoiseBlocker' fans. I always wanted to get one, but you can't find
    em outside of europe. check their website.

    link: http://www.noiseblocker.de/

    eric, Jan 11, 2004
  10. Sasa Milkowski

    David Jones Guest

    My ST61G4 Silent X Power Supply is absolutely quiet...... I replaced the
    I.C.E. fan which had a bit of vibration with a little more quiet unit but
    is is still not absolutely quiet The new ST62K must be very quiet since the
    power supply is external. With an external power supply, I bet they used a
    less powerfull fan.

    David Jones, Jan 28, 2004