    Granted there are many other factors, but generally speaking, which is
    the faster CPU and why?

    Thanks for your help.
    pt, Sep 18, 2006

  2. * pt:

    > An older Toshiba A10-S177 with an Intel P4 M 2.2 Ghz
    >
    > and a newer Toshiba A105-S2141 with an Intel Celeron M 410 1.46 Ghz
    > 65 nm 1 MB L2 1.46 GHz 533 MHz
    >
    > Granted there are many other factors, but generally speaking, which is
    > the faster CPU and why?

    Definitely the Celeron M410. It's not only a tad faster than the P4m
    2.2GHz (it's around as fast as a P4 2.33GHz), it also has the faster bus
    interface (533MHz against the 400MHz of the P4m) and the faster memory
    (DDR2 compared to DDR of the P4m notebook).

    And the Celeron M needs way less power than the thirsty P4M...

    Benjamin
    Benjamin Gawert, Sep 23, 2006