    6. Robust, can handle a sever accident
    7. Unlimited life
    8. Unlimited battery life

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Mar 17, 2010

  2. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Clusterphuck Guest

    "Ganesh J. Acharya" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Which is the best laptop on date? Features I am looking for:-
    >
    > 1. Feather weight
    > 2. Processing Faster than light
    > 3. Run graphic applications
    > 4. Unlimited Space, with guaranteed data preservation
    > 5. WiFi and all inbuilt addons
    > 6. Robust, can handle a sever accident
    > 7. Unlimited life
    > 8. Unlimited battery life

    Mine does all that, and also has a 17.3" screen with unlimited resolution.

    I still have to peel my own banana's, but it handles pretty much everything
    else I throw at it...

    Clusterphuck, Mar 19, 2010

  3. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Roy Guest

    On Mar 19, 9:55 pm, "Clusterphuck" <> wrote:
    > "Ganesh J. Acharya" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > Which is the best laptop on date? Features I am looking for:-

    > > 1. Feather weight
    > > 2. Processing Faster than light
    > > 3. Run graphic applications
    > > 4. Unlimited Space, with guaranteed data preservation
    > > 5. WiFi and all inbuilt addons
    > > 6. Robust, can handle a sever accident
    > > 7. Unlimited life
    > > 8. Unlimited battery life

    > Mine does all that, and also has a 17.3" screen with unlimited resolution..

    Does it exist?

    Roy, Mar 20, 2010
  4. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Mar 20, 5:37 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 9:55 pm, "Clusterphuck" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Ganesh J. Acharya" <> wrote in messagenews:...

    > > > Which is the best laptop on date? Features I am looking for:-

    > > > 1. Feather weight
    > > > 2. Processing Faster than light
    > > > 3. Run graphic applications
    > > > 4. Unlimited Space, with guaranteed data preservation
    > > > 5. WiFi and all inbuilt addons
    > > > 6. Robust, can handle a sever accident
    > > > 7. Unlimited life
    > > > 8. Unlimited battery life

    > > Mine does all that, and also has a 17.3" screen with unlimited resolution.

    > Does it exist?

    Only in geek heaven!

    Bob Villa, Mar 21, 2010
  5. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    On Mar 21, 5:43 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 5:37 pm, Roy <> wrote:

    > > > Mine does all that, and also has a 17.3" screen with unlimited resolution.

    > > Does it exist?

    > Only in geek heaven!

    Anything near to this one on earth?

    Ganesh, Apr 2, 2010
  6. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Roy Guest

    On Apr 2, 3:38 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:
    > On Mar 21, 5:43 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:

    > > > Does it exist?

    > > Only in geek heaven!

    > Anything near to this one on earth?- Hide quoted text -

    You can pray to Shva to grant your wish.....

    Roy, Apr 5, 2010
  7. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    On Apr 5, 5:39 am, Roy <> wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 3:38 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > > Only in geek heaven!

    > > Anything near to this one on earth?- Hide quoted text -

    > You can pray to Shva to grant your wish.....

    I certainly wish to have something really incredible. I currently use
    a Presario M2000 which still works fantastic. Ok, I am looking to
    understand laptops as I might buy one soon. I wanted to know which one
    is the best, and one that's actually worth the money I pay.

    Ganesh, Apr 13, 2010
  8. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    On Apr 13, 8:16 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:
    > On Apr 5, 5:39 am, Roy <> wrote:

    > > > Anything near to this one on earth?- Hide quoted text -

    > > You can pray to Shva to grant your wish.....

    > I certainly wish to have something really incredible. I currently use
    > a Presario M2000 which still works fantastic. Ok, I am looking to
    > understand laptops as I might buy one soon. I wanted to know which one
    > is the best, and one that's actually worth the money I pay.

    M2000 did have a big short coming, its battery life was very bad. I
    lost its screen in about 3 years.

    Ganesh, Apr 13, 2010
  9. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Roy Guest

    On Apr 13, 11:18 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 8:16 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > > You can pray to Shva to grant your wish.....

    > > I certainly wish to have something really incredible. I currently use
    > > a Presario M2000 which still works fantastic. Ok, I am looking to
    > > understand laptops as I might buy one soon. I wanted to know which one
    > > is the best, and one that's actually worth the money I pay.

    > M2000 did have a big short coming, its battery life was very bad. I
    > lost its screen in about 3 years.- Hide quoted text -

    I certainly wish to have something really incredible

    What you are looking for does not exists....

    Roy, Apr 13, 2010
  10. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    On Apr 14, 2:12 am, Roy <> wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 11:18 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > > I certainly wish to have something really incredible. I currently use
    > > > a Presario M2000 which still works fantastic. Ok, I am looking to
    > > > understand laptops as I might buy one soon. I wanted to know which one
    > > > is the best, and one that's actually worth the money I pay.

    > > M2000 did have a big short coming, its battery life was very bad. I
    > > lost its screen in about 3 years.- Hide quoted text -

    > I  certainly wish to have something really incredible
    >
    > What you are looking for does not exists....
    >
    > 1. Feather weight
    > 2. Processing Faster than light
    > 3. Run graphic applications
    > 4. Unlimited Space, with guaranteed data preservation
    > 5. WiFi and all inbuilt addons
    > 6. Robust, can handle a sever accident
    > 7. Unlimited life
    > 8. Unlimited battery life

    Something near by? Apple seems good to me

    Ganesh, Apr 14, 2010
  11. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air

    Ganesh, Apr 14, 2010
  12. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    On Apr 14, 4:54 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:
    > On Apr 14, 4:51 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > > I  certainly wish to have something really incredible

    > > > What you are looking for does not exists....

    > > > 1. Feather weight
    > > > 2. Processing Faster than light
    > > > 3. Run graphic applications
    > > > 4. Unlimited Space, with guaranteed data preservation
    > > > 5. WiFi and all inbuilt addons
    > > > 6. Robust, can handle a sever accident
    > > > 7. Unlimited life
    > > > 8. Unlimited battery life

    > > Something near by? Apple seems good to me

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air

    This one was cool

    Ganesh, Apr 14, 2010
  13. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    On Apr 14, 5:30 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:
    > On Apr 14, 4:54 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > > Something near by? Apple seems good to me

    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air

    > This one was cool

    This one was cool

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yI0f53vw1s

    Ganesh, Apr 14, 2010
  14. Ganesh J. Acharya

    John Doue Guest

    On 4/14/2010 3:30 PM, Ganesh wrote:
    snip

    >> This one was cool

    > This one was cool
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yI0f53vw1s

    YOu seem to be stutt... stutt stuttering ... Your post are often doubled.
    --
    John Doue

    John Doue, Apr 14, 2010
  15. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Roy Guest

    On Apr 14, 8:30 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:
    > On Apr 14, 5:30 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air

    > > This one was cool

    > This one was cool
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yI0f53vw1s- Hide quoted text -

    Nope.....I would rather have the Sony VAIO PCZ117GG/X .....it .has
    much better' P4P' value than a macbook air....

    Roy, Apr 15, 2010
  16. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Roy Guest

    On Apr 15, 9:41 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > On Apr 14, 8:30 pm, Ganesh <> wrote:

    > > > This one was cool

    > > This one was cool

    > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yI0f53vw1s-Hide quoted text -

    > Nope.....I would rather have the Sony  VAIO PCZ117GG/X  .....it .has
    > much better' P4P' value   than a macbook air....- Hide quoted text -

    Another similar version of the mentioned VAIO is this
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/04/sony-vaio-z-review.html

    Roy, Apr 15, 2010
  17. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Ganesh Guest

    can laptops be assembled as in case of desktop pcs

    Ganesh, Apr 15, 2010
  18. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Ganesh <> wrote:
    >can laptops be assembled as in case of desktop pcs

    No. The parts are proprietary and, while, you might be able to buy all of
    them individually as service items, the cost would be MUCH greater than
    the finished retail product would cost.

    Mike S., Apr 15, 2010
  19. Ganesh J. Acharya

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mike S. wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Ganesh <> wrote:
    >> can laptops be assembled as in case of desktop pcs

    > No. The parts are proprietary and, while, you might be able to buy
    > all of
    > them individually as service items, the cost would be MUCH greater
    > than
    > the finished retail product would cost.

    I've 'built' a few ThinkPads around maybe a 'base with motherbord' or
    similar from ebay and got the other parts from ebay. (Like CPU, lid /
    screen, covers, battery, wifi card..... Usually put new RAM and HDD in.)
    --
    Shaun.

    "When we dream.... that's just our brains defragmenting" G Jackson

    ~misfit~, Apr 15, 2010
  20. Ganesh J. Acharya

    ~misfit~ Guest

    [snip Roy / Ganesh babble]

    Jebus but you guys talk to yourselves a lot!

    The best laptop 'in the town', without a doubt, is this one I'm using. I
    spent quite a bit of time last year tracking it down and paid as much or
    more for it (or more) second-hand as I would have paid for a
    similarly-specced new (completely plastic) machine.

    It's an IBM / Lenovo (both logos on it) T60 2007-7KU. It has a matte finish
    4:3 screen (you can keep your reflection-prone glossy screens and trendy
    widescreens thanks). Also, the screen is IPS technology (Google it if you
    don't know what it is) and relatively high resolution at 1400x1050 for a 15"
    screen. It's a treat to use, easy on the eyes, beautiful colours and simply
    awesome viewing angles. These IPS screens aren't used in full-sized laptops
    anymore as they're expensive to produce, requiring three times as many
    transistors as a TN panel, three per pixel rather than one. These days
    people buy on price and adding $500 for a top-of-the-line screen isn't
    feasible.

    The CPU is a T7400 2.16GHz Core2Duo (which is plenty fast enough for
    anything short of heavy-duty computing which should be done on 'heavy iron'
    anyway), is 64-bit capable and also has Intel's 'Virtualisation Technology'
    which could be essential for future OSes.

    The laptop itself has a magnesium-alloy chassis and feels reassuringly solid
    and robust, far more so than most laptops that are simply two pieces of
    plastic screwed together. The graphics processor is an ATI X1400 with 128MB
    of VRAM. While not a high-end gaming machine it's more than adequate for
    some of the older games that I play. (Again, like a laptop isn't made for
    heavy-duty number crunching (that's what high-power desktops and mainframes
    are for) it's not made for high-end gaming, (that's what gaming consoles are
    for).

    As an overall package the 15" T60 with the T7x00 CPU and the "FlexView" IPS
    screen is widely held as the best laptop ever made and they command a high
    price (if you can get one). It's probably not "cool" but it is a damn fine
    laptop.

    ~misfit~, Apr 16, 2010