Which motherboard do you recommend.

Discussion in 'ECS' started by JimL, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. JimL

    JimL Guest

    I just ordered a SATA-300 drive and now I need to get a
    motherboard/cpu that will use it.

    Cost is important so the sky is NOT the limit. But I want at least
    an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor.

    I am not a gamer so a built in graphics would be nice, but am willing
    to pay $120 bucks for a graphics card.

    Which motherboard do I need?

    1. Advertising

  2. tod

    tod Guest

    ECS 755

    "JimL" <> wrote in message

    > I just ordered a SATA-300 drive and now I need to get a
    > motherboard/cpu that will use it.
    >
    > Cost is important so the sky is NOT the limit. But I want at least
    > an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor.
    >
    > I am not a gamer so a built in graphics would be nice, but am willing
    > to pay $120 bucks for a graphics card.
    >
    > Which motherboard do I need?

    1. Advertising

  3. JimL

    JimL Guest

    On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:09:06 -0600, JimL <> wrote:

    > I just ordered a SATA-300 drive and now I need to get a
    >motherboard/cpu that will use it.
    >
    > Cost is important so the sky is NOT the limit. But I want at least
    >an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor.
    >
    > I am not a gamer so a built in graphics would be nice, but am willing
    >to pay $120 bucks for a graphics card.
    >
    > Which motherboard do I need?

    I went with an ASROCK 939SLI32-eSataII

    Man is it fast, and only $80 for the motherboard.

  4. BigDog

    BigDog Guest

    If you are going to use onboard video DEFINTLY get a NVIDIA GeForce 6150
    board like this one. The best video right now.You will also be able to
    upgrade to an athlon dual core cpu later. .
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130540