    apps, which I have experienced on a few occasions.

    Please Advise.

    Angelo Campanella
    Angelo Campanella, Dec 13, 2008

  2. Angelo Campanella

    Ernie B. Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:28:19 GMT Angelo Campanella wrote:

    > These days, after almost 2 years of continuous use, my T43 is very
    > slowwwww to load apps such as word and excel files, etc, etc. The hard
    > drive light is ON for seconds at a time before the work page displays.
    > I suspect that it is the volatile memory being filled, obliges work to
    > swap to and be recovered from the HD. I have 1 Gig of RAM... Do I need 2
    > gigs? I frequently observe the Task Manager Performance to see (at the
    > moment) 522M of Physical memory with 35M available and 107 M in "system
    > cache". Is this symptomatic?
    >
    > I don't think it's the display memory, though it might. I thought that
    > that shortfall is evident by may black spaces erupting when its changing
    > apps, which I have experienced on a few occasions.
    >
    > Please Advise.
    >
    > Angelo Campanella

    You don't mention your operating system, I suppose some version of Windows. I
    suppose that you have an anti-virus? If not, I suggest Avast,

    Your symptoms are typical of being choked with spyware. I would suggest
    downloading, installing, updating and running the following:

    Superantispyware, <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
    Spybot Search & Destroy, <http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html>
    Malwarebytes <http://www.malwarebytes.org/>

    All of these are free to download.

    Good luck.
    --
    Ernie B.

    Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another, hopefully
    without distortion.
    Ernie B., Dec 13, 2008