    This seems strange because both are 0.18 micron CPUs designed for 133/266
    FSB.

    Any idea why this would be? Any significant differences between the CPUs?

    spoon2001, Jun 24, 2005

  2. spoon2001

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:16:19 -0500, spoon2001 wrote:

    > I am thinking about upgrading the CPU on an old MB (with PC 133 DIMMs, 2x
    > AGP, which enables me to use old ATI All-in-Wonder too, which I can't use on
    > more modern MBs.)
    >
    > Anyway, the MB manufacturer says the top CPU that my MB will support is the
    > Athlon XP 1800+, but not the 1900+:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/47hky

    And Abit says that my old KT7 board wouldn't run any XP. Now see my sig
    line.:)

    > This seems strange because both are 0.18 micron CPUs designed for
    > 133/266 FSB.
    >
    > Any idea why this would be?

    Because that's what they wanted to say?

    > Any significant differences between the CPUs?

    May be a slight more power consumption at 100% load, but that's about it.
    Now a newer Tbred B core 1900+ would draw less power. I don't know how
    close this board is to the MSI K7TPro (KT133 chipset), the first spcket A
    board they built I think, but I put a Tbred B core 2100+ in it without
    any problem and even raised the multiplier to 22x for 22x100 (2200MHz).
    You might want to consider reading some of the link below.

    Wes Newell, Jun 25, 2005