    ideas or experience with same on this motherboard or perhaps the i845D
    chipset?

    BigSky

    BigSky, Jan 30, 2006

  2. If you ask me it would seem due to the amout of posts I've seen to be
    the SanDisk Cruzer. Seen this very problem on Asus boards, Soyo boards
    and even Gigabyte. All with the same SanDisk Cruzer 1GB unit.

    Custom Computers, Jan 30, 2006

  3. BigSky

    BigSky Guest

    Thanks. I called SanDisk and they acknowledged that this mini Cruzer will
    not work with a very small number of computers. They don't know why. Could
    be one of many things. They won't replace the Cruzer under warranty unless
    it doesn't work in more than one computer.

    Seems strange that it won't work in the add in PCI USB 2.0 card as well.
    Must be a motherboard or WinXP issue.

    BigSky, Feb 1, 2006
  4. BigSky

    BigSky Guest

    Crap. I have the same problem with my USB ports again. Whether I plug a
    USB memory stick into the motherboard ports or the add in USB 2.0 PCI card,
    WinXP Home will show a dialog box that its recognized the device, give a
    beep, and then the system reboots. Several calls to Microsoft seemed to
    indicate that the driver for my camera was causing the problem. After
    removing the driver, I still have the same problem. I didn't have this
    before I rebuilt the system using the same XP Home disk. Any ideas?
    Doesn't seem to matter which manufacturer of memory stick I try or whether
    its USB 1.0 or USB 2.0. Please help!!!

    Big Sky

    BigSky, May 23, 2006