    look like it have been found. But when i click Ok i still can't see any
    ap's, given that i can't connect!

    Karsten

    Karsten Young, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Karsten Young

    Gary Tsang Guest

    Hi,

    On your wireless access point do you have any additional security such as
    hardware MAC filtering enabled?
    If you do, then add the MAC address of your wireless network card to the
    list so that it'll be able to associate with your wireless access point.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    Gary Tsang, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Karsten Young

    Chris H. Guest

    First, go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools (in Classic View), then
    tap the Services icon. Make sure Wireless Zero Configuration is enabled and
    running.

    Then going to the Start Menu and from their negotiating to Network
    Connections. Have you used Create a new connection from there? If so
    right-click the icon representing your LAN and select Properties.

    Then go to the Wireless Networks tab, and make sure there's a check mark in
    "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings". Now go back to the
    General tab and highlight in the center pane the listing for Internet
    Protocol (TCP/IP). On the General page which opens, if your router is
    serving up DHCP feed, you should have Obtain IP address automatically and
    Obtain DNS server address automatically. If not, you need to check Use the
    following. . . and insert the proper numbers.

    OK your way back to where you have the three Wireless Network Connection
    Properties tabs (General/Wireless Networks/Advanced) and go to the Wireless
    Networks tab. Does your LAN appear in the list? If so, highlight it, then
    select Properties.

    You'll get three more tabs - Association, Authentication and Connection. On
    the first tab, make sure the Network name (SSID) is proper. Under Wireless
    network key, make sure you're listing the proper Network Authentication
    (Open for WEP or the version of WPA your LAN uses. Enter the Network key,
    unless you have the router to automatically provide it.

    If you're not using WPA encryption, go to the Authentication tab and remove
    the check mark from Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for the network. OK
    your way back out completely.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC