Win 7 Can, XP Can't do AVIVO

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ed Light, Jan 31, 2010.

  1. Ed Light

    Ed Light Guest

    I got an ATI 4670 which rates high in video quality when the AVIVO
    hardware is working on the picture:

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-radeon-hd4550_6.html

    But I never could get it to work right in XP.

    In Win 7 it works fantastically.

    To be specific, in Nero Show Time, if I enabled hardware acceleration,
    which also enables the AVIVO features if they're switched on in the
    video card software (sharpening, dynamic contrast, super good
    deinterlacing), the picture would judder up and down a bit. In Win 7 it
    is perfect.

    I installed the latest ATI drivers and the Adobe 10.1 ver. 2 flash
    player to try out the hardware acceleration for flash player. In XP it
    crashed. In Win 7 it enables the AVIVO. I can now apply sharpening to
    HULU and it's almost like a DVD at 480p.

    In XP AVIVO doesn't work for Netflix but in Win 7 it does; the very
    unsharp videos look great sharpened to 100%. The dynamic contrast puts a
    glow on everything.

    I'm assuming the situation is similar for nvidia's Pure Video.
    --
    Ed Light

    Better World News TV Channel:
    http://realnews.com

    Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
    http://ivaw.org
    http://couragetoresist.org
    http://antiwar.com

    Send spam to the FTC at