Windows key for IBM A20m Thinkpad running Windows 98se

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by dk_, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. dk_

    dk_ Guest

    dk_, Oct 10, 2006

  2. dk_

    Richard Cole Guest

    On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:58:50 -0700, dk_ <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to add the 'Windows key' function to my IBM Thinkpad A20m
    >running Windows 98se?

    Dennis

    Ctrl + Esc simulates the Windows key when there is no Windows key.

    Richard
    Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
    http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
    because I loves the domain name for email.
    --
    ....and so, as the mushroom gatherer of time plucks the toadstool of destiny,
    and the toad of doom croaks with pain... - Humphrey Littleton closing comment
    Richard Cole, Oct 10, 2006

  3. dk_

    dk_ Guest

    Richard,

    Control + Exc doesn't duplicate all of the functions the Window key
    function, but it does open the start menu.

    'Windows key' + 'e', opens an Explorer window. Is there an alternate key
    combination for opening an Explorer window?

    Thanks.

    -Dennis

    --
    Dennis Kessler
    http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

    dk_, Oct 10, 2006
  4. dk_

    Richard Cole Guest

    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:01:05 -0700, dk_ <> wrote:

    >Richard,
    >
    >Control + Exc doesn't duplicate all of the functions the Window key
    >function, but it does open the start menu.
    >
    >'Windows key' + 'e', opens an Explorer window. Is there an alternate key
    >combination for opening an Explorer window?

    Dennis

    Not that I know of. Although no doubt someone will be along with a method
    soon.

    Richard
    Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
    http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
    because I loves the domain name for email.
    --
    My bum has been a bum for a very long time but I don't have to listen to
    anything it says. - The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett
    Richard Cole, Oct 11, 2006