    using google groups.

    <http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc?hl=en>

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 2, 2008

  2. >> KB911071 <<

    problem;

    Hi, I have a Gateway E-295C Tablet running Windows XP Tablet with SP2.
    I can use the writing pad and character pad to enter text in Internet
    Explorer or Firefox. However, if I use Word or Journal to enter text, the
    pad recognizes the entered text, after I click insert, the text is gone.
    Any suggestion??

    solution;

    Open the Control Panel
    Open the Add/Remove Programs and check the box that says "show updates".
    -after the list has populated-
    Find HotFix KB911071 and delete it.
    Reboot your computer and all should work as promised.
    good luck,
    Mike

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 2, 2008

  3. Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

    SME Guest

    I have 2 pcs Windows XP Pro SP2 Tablet edition 2005- Stop Error code 0x
    00000027 RDBSS.SYS - RDR_File_System when the pcs access network DFS
    folders and attempt to change a folder name/edit/etc I have tried a couple
    of hot fixes and different versions of the RDBSS and MRXSMB.sys files - to no
    avail. all the RDBSS fixes that even come close to this error are for
    servers and/or Windows 2K. Anybody know how to fix??

    SME, Jun 16, 2008
  4. Request that this be reposted as a new thread and not responed to this
    this post in order to keep this thread easily searched for KB _solutions_

    Thanks,
    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 16, 2008