Windows XP auto-insert notofocation.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Michael, May 18, 2004.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    I have just finished upgrading to XP and all went well. I went to
    windows update and installed all of the critical updates, and now my
    LITE-ON dvd/cd doesn't work properly (it worked fine after the XP
    upgrade).
    When I put a disk in the drive the light on the drive flashes a
    few times and when I hear the head start to move the computer locks up
    completely. The only way to reboot is to pull the plug and put it
    back and then reboot.
    If the same disk is in the drive on reboot, when XP starts I can
    run explorer and access the disk like normal.
    Question: is it possible to completely disable auto-insert
    notification in XP, and how?

    1. Advertising

  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    (Michael) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have just finished upgrading to XP and all went well. I went to
    > windows update and installed all of the critical updates, and now my
    > LITE-ON dvd/cd doesn't work properly (it worked fine after the XP
    > upgrade).
    > When I put a disk in the drive the light on the drive flashes a
    > few times and when I hear the head start to move the computer locks up
    > completely. The only way to reboot is to pull the plug and put it
    > back and then reboot.
    > If the same disk is in the drive on reboot, when XP starts I can
    > run explorer and access the disk like normal.
    > Question: is it possible to completely disable auto-insert
    > notification in XP, and how?

    go to my computer, right click the drive that you want to disable
    auto-insert. Then click on the Autoplay tab and customze it from
    there. Hope it helps...

    -ANDREW

    1. Advertising

  3. Hi,

    Frankly speaking criticalupdates are not essentail for new installed
    o/s. better do a system restore, start-> all
    programs->accessories->system tools->system restore

    but possibility ois that you may lose softwares and hardware config ,
    files also,from the date you are selecting from the calendar till
    today.