    Is this normal?
    If not, what can I do to reduce the Windows directory?

    Thanks in advance.
    RMA, Jul 11, 2008

  2. been installing a lot of files?

    fwiw, my windows folder is 3+gigs, so, that would point to the installer
    directory as a place to start...

    google for "windows\installer"

    found this there

    <http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53&forumid=11&postid=67471&view=topic>

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jul 11, 2008

  3. RMA

    RMA Guest

    Thanks.
    But I still I do not know how to resolve the problem.
    Has somebody found a solution to this problem?

    RMA

    RMA, Aug 4, 2008
  4. RMA

    Tom K Guest

    By default, Windows saves all the uninstallers for every patch it installs
    in hidden folders in the Windows folder. That can add up to hundreds of
    MBs. If you are 100% sure you won't need to backout any patches it's safe
    to delete the uninstallers. Look for hidden folders with names starting
    $NtUninstall and delete them.

    Are you using Offline files? There's a hidden folder named C:\Windows\CSC
    that holds your Client Side Cached offline files and database. Don't delete
    that, but it might help explain why your Windows folder is abnormally large.
    There are ways to manage the size of that folder. Use Google to find them.

    Other than that try Googling reduce+windows+xp+size

    Tom

    Tom K, Aug 5, 2008