Windows XP w SP2 have yellow exclaimation on NETWORK and USB devices

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Dibosia, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. Dibosia

    Dibosia Guest

    These devices are all dysfunctional. The error says code 35, bios does
    not contain enough information on these devices (they are all on the
    mobo). The devices are enabled in the bios.

    The mobo is a Soyo Dragon 2,0 with an Athlon 3200+, and the latest bios
    installed from soyotek. There is nothing later I can install.

    Everything else seems to operate OK and there are no other issues in
    the device manager. I have normal IDE drives and 1GB RAM.

    I installed the LAN drivers from the SOYO disk after XP installed. No
    change. I also installed the 4-1-in-1 drivers. The USB driver on the CD
    says to go to MS and get SP4 but that's not possible as I can't get on
    the net.

    Is the Dragon 2.0 incompatible with MS XP?

    Thanks for any help!
    Dibosia, Jul 8, 2006

  2. Dibosia

    DL Guest

    Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
    Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same at Soyo
    site for any updated drivers.

    In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
    rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly

    DL, Jul 8, 2006

  3. Dibosia

    Dibosia Guest

    DL wrote:
    > Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
    > Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same at Soyo
    > site for any updated drivers.
    >
    > In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
    > rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly

    I've already removed them and let them get re-detected. I also loaded
    Soyo's latest drivers. I tried to manaually set the drivers and tried
    everything that even looked close. No luck... I've been screwing with
    this system for over 2 months.

    I'm starting to this this mobo is a lost cause. Can anyone recommend
    one (an ABIT or ASUS perhaps) that will clock an AMD Athlon 3200+ ,
    same socket as the Dragon Plus 2.0 ?

    Thanks!
    Dibosia, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Dibosia

    DL Guest

    The Soyo mobo had good reviews, perhaps something is indeed ammiss with your
    mobo

    DL, Jul 9, 2006
  5. Dibosia

    John Holmes Guest

    DL "contributed" in alt.os.windows-xp:

    > The Soyo mobo had good reviews, perhaps something is indeed ammiss
    > with your mobo
    >
    > "Dibosia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> DL wrote:
    >> > Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
    >> > Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same
    >> > at

    > Soyo
    >> > site for any updated drivers.
    >> >
    >> > In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
    >> > rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly
    >> >

    >> I've already removed them and let them get re-detected. I also loaded
    >> Soyo's latest drivers. I tried to manaually set the drivers and
    >> tried everything that even looked close. No luck... I've been
    >> screwing with this system for over 2 months.
    >>
    >> I'm starting to this this mobo is a lost cause. Can anyone recommend
    >> one (an ABIT or ASUS perhaps) that will clock an AMD Athlon 3200+ ,
    >> same socket as the Dragon Plus 2.0 ?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    You /did/ install the motherboard drivers, now didn't you?

    --
    Your mother was a hideous ass who danced naked in a home for the
    permanently baffled.
    John Holmes, Jul 10, 2006
  6. Dibosia

    Dibosia Guest

    Yes from CD.. And I checked the soyotek site they are the latest..

    Bummer! Maybe why this is why this mobo was on EBAY!

    Dibosia, Jul 11, 2006
  7. Dibosia

    relic Guest

    Dibosia wrote: