    keyboard and other features from XP Tablet Edition?

    TIA

    , Jan 8, 2009

  2. No, you cant.

    Kiruthik Nandha Kumar, Jan 8, 2009

  3. No, you cant

    Kiruthik Nandha Kumar, Jan 8, 2009
  4. Could you expand on your response... since most windows applications
    should run on any tablet.

    Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jan 9, 2009
  5. On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:20:30 -0600, "Beverly Howard
    [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote:

    >Could you expand on your response... since most windows applications
    >should run on any tablet.
    >
    >Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

    WinLFP isn't an app though, it's a limited version of Windows
    "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is based on the Windows XP
    Embedded Service Pack 2 (SP2) operating system. By implementing it,
    you upgrade to the security and stability of the Windows XP platform.
    You also ease the transition to the Windows Vista Enterprise operating
    system when you eventually replace your personal computers."
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/sa/benefits/fundamentals.mspx

    So you won't get the Tablet features of the XP Tablet Edition.

    --
    Cheers,
    Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP

    Steve Jain [MVP], Jan 9, 2009
  6. Thanks Steve, I understand that Tablet Edition has many tablet specific
    modifications, but in theory, with the correct drivers and software, could
    WinFLP be used on a Tablet?

    Cheers,

    Marty Yelland, Feb 6, 2009
  7. On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:42:02 -0800, Marty Yelland <Marty
    > wrote:

    >Thanks Steve, I understand that Tablet Edition has many tablet specific
    >modifications, but in theory, with the correct drivers and software, could
    >WinFLP be used on a Tablet?
    >
    >Cheers,

    I don't know. It may run,but likely just as a regular laptop with no
    tablet features.
    Why bother? The tablet edition of Windows is already set up for use
    on tablets, why try to cobble something together?

    Steve Jain [MVP], Feb 6, 2009
  8. I have noticed that the diference in speed and memory usage on FLP is
    significantly better than standard XP.
    I just figure that FLP with Tablet features would run better on the lower
    end hardware.

    Marty Yelland, Feb 6, 2009