    duplex or full-duplex ?
    thanks a lot
    Oleg
    olegb, Jun 14, 2007

  2. olegb

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Oleg' wrote:
    | Hi all , i have a wireless router at home , and i would like to
    | know , the wireless connection between notebook and router is half-
    | duplex or full-duplex ?
    | thanks a lot
    _____

    Does it make a difference?

    What computer application (as opposed to a telephone conversation) do you
    have that would be sending data in both directions at anywhere close to
    equal rates?

    Full duplex is not a part of 802.11 (a,b,g,n) specifications. Full duplex
    for radio transmission (only one path available) requires either FDD
    (Frequency Division Duplex, two channels) or TDD (Time Division Duplex, data
    blocks interleaved time-wise on one channel.)

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jun 14, 2007