    would do, are in a zip file.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 17, 2012

  2. dorayme

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    > That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
    > would do, are in a zip file.

    your wish has been granted.

    <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

    nospam, Apr 17, 2012

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <160420121746347048%>,
    nospam <> wrote:

    > In article <>, dorayme
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
    > > would do, are in a zip file.

    > your wish has been granted.
    >
    > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

    Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
    down on your information.

    9/10 at first glance, I would give 10/10 if it dropped the cool black
    background and tiny white text in favour of easily readable plain
    black on white. I don't think this is easily customizable?

    Yes, I know, it *is* in the Apple style for some Quicklook popups like
    when you space bar a selected folder, but we must not necessarily give
    discounts for following practices for the sake of following.

    Which reminds me, a Quicklook at folder contents would be nice, like
    what you can get by sticking a folder in the dock. But not such a
    pressing need obviously.

    Anyway, BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator sure will do me. nospam, I have
    decided you have a rare talent for granting wishes! Please review all
    2299 of my former wishes and see what might be done.

    I reward you with a joke.

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/genie.html>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 17, 2012
  4. dorayme

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    > > > That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
    > > > would do, are in a zip file.

    > > your wish has been granted.
    > >
    > > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

    > Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
    > down on your information.

    it's great. i've been using it for years.

    nospam, Apr 17, 2012
  5. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <160420122119132324%>,
    nospam <> wrote:

    > > > your wish has been granted.
    > > >
    > > > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

    > > Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
    > > down on your information.

    > it's great. i've been using it for years.

    Lately I have been needing it badly for my own work, my self zipped
    files. My workaround has been to screenshot the file names from the
    directory in col view just prior to zipping and storing the png with
    the zip, it gives me, via QL on the png, a quick look at what is
    zipped. But a bit inelegant, eh? No longer needed with above software.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 17, 2012
  6. dorayme

    nospam <> wrote:

    > > > your wish has been granted.
    > > >
    > > > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

    > > Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
    > > down on your information.

    > it's great. i've been using it for years.

    Lately I have been wanting something further: to be able to
    'second-order' Quicklook at the files revealed by the above method! In
    other words, to select the file revealed by the
    BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator and press the spacebar and get more
    details quickly.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 22, 2012