    --
    Michael Sovitzky
    MCSE: W2K

    Michael Sovitzky, Mar 31, 2005

  2. As an important followup, at what temperature should I be worried for the
    CPU to avoid damage to itself and/or the board?

    60 C, 70 C?

    Thanks!

    Michael Sovitzky, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Michael Sovitzky

    Graham W Guest

    Michael Sovitzky wrote:
    > As an important followup, at what temperature should I be worried for
    > the CPU to avoid damage to itself and/or the board?
    >
    > 60 C, 70 C?

    80º or 85ºC

    But check the temperature alarm/throttle settings before you
    turn the CPU fan off as well!

    And, yes, the PSU can cause those odd crashes.

    Graham W, Mar 31, 2005