would like to try overclocking

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by snowdog, Oct 21, 2007.

  1. snowdog

    snowdog Guest

    here's what i've got to work with...

    Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb

    Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz

    Corsair TWINX1024 4400 dual channel memory

    Water cooled.

    i'd like to i'd like to kick it up to ~4.0 - 4.2 if possible, whilst not
    cooking it!

    not exactly sure on how to do it though.

    anyone?

    tia.

    snowdog, Oct 21, 2007

  2. snowdog

    SteveSch Guest

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 07:25:51 +0000, snowdog wrote:

    > Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb
    >
    > Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz

    Hi Lia,

    Until someone answers you might want to check out the links at:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Chaintech 9CJS overclock

    Steve

    SteveSch, Oct 21, 2007

  3. snowdog

    snowdog Guest

    SteveSch <THISEMAIL@IS_FAKE.COM> wrote in

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 07:25:51 +0000, snowdog wrote:
    >
    >> Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb
    >>
    >> Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz

    > Hi Lia,
    >
    > Until someone answers you might want to check out the links at:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Chaintech 9CJS overclock
    >
    > Steve

    Hi Steve, who's lia?

    did that...

    all i see is abunch of reviews that say what people have done with this
    mobo, but not exactly how it's done.

    snowdog.

    p.s. if lia means your calling me a liar, well that just ain't right...

    http://webpages.charter.net/radthad/

    snowdog, Oct 21, 2007
  4. snowdog

    snowdog Guest

    snowdog <> wrote in news:Xns99D047E3B0D9zipnottacom@
    208.49.80.188:

    > here's what i've got to work with...
    >
    > Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb
    >
    > Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz
    >
    > Corsair TWINX1024 4400 dual channel memory
    >

    > Water cooled.
    >

    > i'd like to i'd like to kick it up to ~4.0 - 4.2 if possible, whilst

    not
    > cooking it!
    >
    > not exactly sure on how to do it though.
    >
    > anyone?
    >
    > tia.

    i guess 4ghz is out of the question as computerpoweruser.com says that
    the highest they got was 3.85. and that's with the 3.4 EE chip.

    and they do explain a little bit on how they got it upto 3.69...

    i'm going to try it out..

    of course anymore suggestion/tips would be nice.

    thanks again.

    snowdog, Oct 21, 2007
  5. snowdog

    Kris Guest

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:03:37 GMT, snowdog wrote:

    > snowdog <> wrote in news:Xns99D047E3B0D9zipnottacom@
    > 208.49.80.188:
    >
    >> here's what i've got to work with...
    >>
    >> Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb
    >>
    >> Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz
    >>
    >> Corsair TWINX1024 4400 dual channel memory
    >>

    >> Water cooled.
    >>

    >> i'd like to i'd like to kick it up to ~4.0 - 4.2 if possible, whilst

    > not
    >> cooking it!
    >>
    >> not exactly sure on how to do it though.
    >>
    >> anyone?
    >>
    >> tia.
    >>

    > i guess 4ghz is out of the question as computerpoweruser.com says that
    > the highest they got was 3.85. and that's with the 3.4 EE chip.
    >
    > and they do explain a little bit on how they got it upto 3.69...
    >
    > i'm going to try it out..
    >
    > of course anymore suggestion/tips would be nice.
    >
    > thanks again.

    good OCing basics:
    http://forums.anandtech.com/message...eyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

    let us know how it goes!

    Kris, Oct 21, 2007
  6. snowdog

    snowdog Guest

    &
    > frmKeyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
    >
    > let us know how it goes!

    o.k. will do...

    right now i'm trying to find the "apogee overclock util that came with
    the mobo(to make things easier, hopefully), but having a real hard time
    finding it..... any where!

    peace.

    snowdog, Oct 21, 2007
  7. snowdog

    Amir Facade Guest

    "snowdog" <> wrote in message
    > SteveSch <THISEMAIL@IS_FAKE.COM> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 07:25:51 +0000, snowdog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb
    >>>
    >>> Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz

    >> Hi Lia,
    >>
    >> Until someone answers you might want to check out the links at:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=Chaintech 9CJS overclock
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>

    > Hi Steve, who's lia?
    >
    > did that...
    >
    > all i see is abunch of reviews that say what people have done with this
    > mobo, but not exactly how it's done.
    >
    > snowdog.
    >
    > p.s. if lia means your calling me a liar, well that just ain't right...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/radthad/

    I think he misread your "tia",(thanks in advance) for "lia", and wasjust
    being polite.

    Amir

    Amir Facade, Oct 21, 2007
  8. snowdog

    snowdog Guest

    "Amir Facade" <> wrote in

    > "snowdog" <> wrote in message
    >> SteveSch <THISEMAIL@IS_FAKE.COM> wrote in

    >>> Hi Lia,
    >>>
    >>> Until someone answers you might want to check out the links at:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?q=Chaintech 9CJS overclock
    >>>
    >>> Steve
    >>>

    >> Hi Steve, who's lia?
    >>
    >> did that...
    >>
    >> all i see is abunch of reviews that say what people have done with

    this
    >> mobo, but not exactly how it's done.
    >>
    >> snowdog.
    >>
    >> p.s. if lia means your calling me a liar, well that just ain't

    right...

    >> http://webpages.charter.net/radthad/
    >>

    > I think he misread your "tia",(thanks in advance) for "lia", and

    wasjust
    > being polite.
    >
    > Amir

    ohhh.... ok

    ain't no thing :)

    snowdog, Oct 21, 2007
  9. snowdog

    snowdog Guest

    Kris <> wrote in news:1rc17iw6sgz14$:

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:03:37 GMT, snowdog wrote:
    >
    >> snowdog <> wrote in news:Xns99D047E3B0D9zipnottacom@
    >> 208.49.80.188:
    >>
    >>> here's what i've got to work with...
    >>>
    >>> Chaintech 9CJS Zenith 875P Motherboard - 800 mhz fsb
    >>>
    >>> Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz
    >>>
    >>> Corsair TWINX1024 4400 dual channel memory
    >>>

    >>> Water cooled.
    >>>

    >>> i'd like to i'd like to kick it up to ~4.0 - 4.2 if possible, whilst

    >> not
    >>> cooking it!
    >>>
    >>> not exactly sure on how to do it though.
    >>>
    >>> anyone?
    >>>
    >>> tia.
    >>>

    >> i guess 4ghz is out of the question as computerpoweruser.com says
    >> that the highest they got was 3.85. and that's with the 3.4 EE chip.
    >>
    >> and they do explain a little bit on how they got it upto 3.69...
    >>
    >> i'm going to try it out..
    >>
    >> of course anymore suggestion/tips would be nice.
    >>
    >> thanks again.

    > good OCing basics:
    > http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=1497607

    &
    > frmKeyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
    >
    > let us know how it goes!

    currently running "Prime 95" to test the RAM

    snowdog, Oct 21, 2007