WTF is this ATX power supply good for ? (ANTEC PP-412X)

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Al Dykes, May 30, 2005.

  1. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/pp412x/pp412x_1.html

    So a desktop machine dies suddenly on powerup and I know
    the PSU is #1 thing to swap. I have an unused spare Antec
    and I open up the system and proceed to swap all the connectors.

    When I get to the 2-wire connector that is the on/off signal from the
    mobo to the PSU I find that the PSU doesn't have this cable!!

    It also doesn't have an external power switch. The URL shows
    this PSU wthout a switch and another shot shows the cable collection
    accuratly. Going into the article a couple more pages find
    a picture of the PSU _with_ a switch.

    What kind of system does this PSU go into ????

    FWIW, the original PSU is an enlight 8341934. It has a slight acrid
    smell that tells me it's dead, Jim.

    Do I need to go buy another PSU?

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
    Al Dykes, May 30, 2005

  2. Al Dykes

    CJT Guest

    Al Dykes wrote:
    > http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/pp412x/pp412x_1.html
    >
    > So a desktop machine dies suddenly on powerup and I know
    > the PSU is #1 thing to swap. I have an unused spare Antec
    > and I open up the system and proceed to swap all the connectors.
    >
    > When I get to the 2-wire connector that is the on/off signal from the
    > mobo to the PSU I find that the PSU doesn't have this cable!!
    >
    > It also doesn't have an external power switch. The URL shows
    > this PSU wthout a switch and another shot shows the cable collection
    > accuratly. Going into the article a couple more pages find
    > a picture of the PSU _with_ a switch.
    >
    > What kind of system does this PSU go into ????
    >
    > FWIW, the original PSU is an enlight 8341934. It has a slight acrid
    > smell that tells me it's dead, Jim.
    >
    > Do I need to go buy another PSU?

    real men don't power down

    CJT, May 30, 2005