    Moccasin Joe Guest

    I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?

    Thanks in advance

    Moccasin Joe, Jul 29, 2008

  2. Moccasin Joe

    Andy Cuffe Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:31:40 -0400, "Moccasin Joe"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    I don't know about the X40, but many Thinkpads have keyboards made by
    several different companies. Key caps from one won't fit another.
    Andy Cuffe

    Andy Cuffe, Jul 30, 2008

  3. "Andy Cuffe" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:31:40 -0400, "Moccasin Joe"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance
    > >

    > I don't know about the X40, but many Thinkpads have keyboards made by
    > several different companies. Key caps from one won't fit another.

    And, if the X40 is anything like the R51 that I have, even if you have the
    keycap, you need three tiny hands, an electron microscope, and a civil
    engineering degree to figure out how all of the pieces-parts go into
    attaching the keycap to the keyboard and stay out of the way. Fortunately,
    when I accidentally popped the cap off one of my keys, I was able to get a
    warranty replacement for the keyboard.

    "She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
    (Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)

    Tom Rutherford, Aug 1, 2008
  4. Moccasin Joe wrote:
    > I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?

    I sweated firecely for the better part of 2 months on that problem. I
    fianlly solved it by thoroughly cleaning out the drawer under the TP, to
    find it hiding in the bottom among trash. Lassie came home.

    Angelo Campanella

    Angelo Campanella, Aug 24, 2008