    the overclock listed above.

    Did you load the F4 BIOS? I'm running a RAID0 setup and I'm paranoid I'll
    lose my array.
    Stephen Russell, Jan 28, 2009

  2. Stephen Russell

    me/2 Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:15:33 -0500, Scott
    <> wrote:

    :>On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:28:42 GMT, "Stephen Russell"
    :><> wrote:
    :>
    :>>My x58 has an odd behavior, of power on, power off, pause, and then POST. It
    :>>only happens if you change BIOS settings. I changed my memory settings to
    :>>extreme, 1.65v, and a multiplier for 1600. Is something wrong? I emailed
    :>>Gigabyte support on the POST issue AND NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. If you get an
    :>>answer please post the solution, or lack of one.
    :>>
    :>>Unless you overclock, an i7 920 or 940 will not run any higher than 1066 on
    :>>a Gigabyte X58 even with SPD or XMP. I run a 940 with OCZ Gold 1600, with
    :>>the overclock listed above.
    :>>
    :>>Did you load the F4 BIOS? I'm running a RAID0 setup and I'm paranoid I'll
    :>>lose my array.
    :>It is normal when some - but not all - BIOS settings are changed for
    :>the X58 to power off/power on and then POST.

    Also normal for the P35 and X38 boards from Gigabyte. I think this is
    pretty common for newer motherboards from most manufacturers.

    me/2
    me/2, Jan 29, 2009