X5DAL-G

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Dave, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    If I enable hyper-threading on this board (2 x 2.8 xeons) it crashes.
    Disables runs really well. I have 2 x512k memory, not ECC. My question
    is.The board supports ECC and non ECC, but does it need ECC to enable
    Hyper-Threading?
    Cheers,
    Dave

    1. Advertising

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks for thr input. I tried the ECC memory, no different, My last resort
    was to test the processors. I fitted one at a time and found one with the
    problem. I would never have thought it would be possible.
    Thanks again,
    "Citizen Ed" <"Citizen Ed"> wrote in message
    > Dave,
    > I'm not sure about what's causing the problem. However, I'd recommend
    > giving the Registered memory thing a shot. I've never had good luck
    > running dual CPU systems with Non-ECC memory. Most boards require it
    > for very good reason.
    >
    > Ed
    >
    > Dave wrote:
    > > If I enable hyper-threading on this board (2 x 2.8 xeons) it crashes.
    > > Disables runs really well. I have 2 x512k memory, not ECC. My question
    > > is.The board supports ECC and non ECC, but does it need ECC to enable
    > > Hyper-Threading?
    > > Cheers,

    Dave