X5DP8-G2 problem

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by usy, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. usy

    usy Guest

    Hi .
    I purchased on eBay a Supermicro X3DP8-G2 (brand new , but bared and with no
    warranty - clever , uh ?) and purchased cpus and ram on another auction .
    Info :
    2 x Xeon 2800DP/512/533/1.50V SL6VN costarica ;
    2 x Intel heatsink and fan ;
    2 x Samsung Korea PC2100R-25331-Z M312L6420ETS-CB0 512MB DDR CL2.5 ECC ;
    2 x Micron PC2100R-25331-Z MT18VDDT6472G-265C3 US BZAC2LK016 200326 512MB
    DDR CL2.5 ECC
    (none of them is on Supermicro's page of recommended ram) .

    When I power it on , the green led on the mobo lights on , the fan runs and
    it gives long , single beeps .
    Does not POST .
    According to the manual , a memory recognition problem .
    I tested it with a single cpu () on cpu socket #1 , each pair at time on ram
    bank 1A and 1B .

    Since I have no other ECC registered ram , I am not able to see if mobo
    works properly .

    Now questions are :
    have anybody experienced problems with a similar system , particularly with
    these memories ?

    Thank you in advance

    Mauro
    usy, Jun 28, 2006

  2. usy

    usy Guest

    I forgot this :
    PSU is an Allied Premier model DR-B500E (500W max) with both 20pin to 24pin
    and 12V 4pin to 8pin adapters .
    usy, Jun 28, 2006