XGE MIDI delay problems

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Frank, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm using Cubase 5 with a Yamaha SW1000 and XGEditor, Hubis MIDI cable, on
    an AMD Athlon 2200+ and 512 RAM on Win98SE.

    I'm having troubles with XGE MIDI message delays and/or no message at all
    between XGE and Cubase. Sometimes the voices aren't transmitted, sometimes
    the FXs are missing, and sometimes both. The weird thing is that sometimes
    everything works fine, ie correct sounds and settings, which means all
    messages (SysEx) are being correctly send and received. But when I load an
    XG file it wont deliver the original settings, but then I can get them back
    by re-selecting each voice/setting individually, which means that the
    messages ARE being sent/received.

    I've checked everything I could in Cubase (MME setup, correct outputs, MIDI
    delays, etc) as well as in XGE (correct MIDI in/out setup in XGE), both
    several times.

    It seems to me that it is more a delay problem than an actual receiving of
    the messages problem, as each time I tweak any button on XGE during
    playback, there is some stuttering - time for the messages to arrive, but
    they do arrive. So I don't know which one is the culprit, XGE or Cubase. Or
    could something be wrong with the Hubis cable? Or could it be the
    soundcard itself? BTW GM MIDI without XGE works 100% fine.

    Anybody has any bright idea?

    Thanks.

    Frank

    Frank, Feb 21, 2004