xp boot disk

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Freddie, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    >Hi dudes,
    >I recently tried to restore my pc using the three master discs and found

    that I needed an xp boot disk.>A computer guru supplied me with a floppy
    but it booted in DOS, and because I didn't know the command I was scuppered
    to perform the re installation.> SOOOO ! I had to use an old windows
    BOOTFLOP exe floppy (2002)
    >This worked, but I found that I had to bin off SP2 cos it wouldn't allow me

    to connect to the internet ??? (SP 2 was ok before !!)> The reason for the
    restore in the first place was because I installed Norton Antivirus 2005
    (that worked great :)) )
    >Then I put Go-Back on and that bolloxed everything up, at first it could be

    disabled - then it couldn't and I thought I'd lost my pc, so needless to
    say, Go - Back >has been binned !
    >I may be able to run my i-Media 5066 trouble free on old files,but I would

    prefer to have the XP files of course.

    Freddie, Jan 3, 2005

    The Restore System feature that comes with the XP OS is all you need.

    Phil Salisbury, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    >Thanks for confirming that Go-Back really is tish.
    >but what about booting with old floppys.
    >also,is it possible to bin off P.Bell files altogether and
    >install windows XP in a non proprietry capacity.

    nothing but grief.

    Freddie, Jan 4, 2005