XP Pro.'s winlogon.exe not locking my system?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ant, Jan 8, 2011.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    I have three different custom built machines with old, updated Windows
    XP Pro. SP(2 and 3) that have ATI Radeon video cards (9600 AIW, 9800 Pro
    AIW, and HD 4870) and ATI Catalyst drivers (latest to the old legacy
    versions).

    I noticed sometimes they won't/didn't security lock correctly from their
    defined screen saver's times. Even press winkey+L does not lock. I did
    see winlogon.exe running in XP's Task Manager. The only way to fix this
    problem is to reboot the computer.

    Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix it without rebooting
    like restarting winlogon.exe process? It seems like this is related to
    ATI video cards and its drivers in XP Pro.? And yes, I scanned for
    malwares with multiple updated softwares. They all showed my systers as
    clean. Event logs don't show anything about winlogon.exe.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
    /\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)