XP reboots when loading d346bus.sys after installing ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gert, May 31, 2004.

  1. gert

    gert Guest

    Config first:

    Athlon 2600+ processor
    ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
    512 MB Elixir 400MHZ 184 pin RAM
    Nvidia GeForce FX5700
    Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Harddrive

    (Nice and simple eh?)

    Problem:

    After having problems with an inferior motherboard that couldn't
    supply enough power to my Geforce fx5700, I switched the motherboard
    for the ASUS and bought branded RAM (that passed the Windows Memory
    Testing utility).
    However, now everytime i try to boot my XP Proffessional version it
    reboots at startup. When I choose it to startup in the safe mode it
    stalls at loading the 'd346bus.sys' file and asks me if i want to
    press "esc" to cancel loading it. When i press it or when i don't
    either way it reboots. I tried repairing Windows using the recovery
    console but nothing seems to work.
    I have tried fiddling with the BIOS using different RAM speeds
    (because i think the processor runs at 333 MHZ on the motherboard)
    however nothing works.
    The 'd346bus.sys' file seems to have something to do with virtual
    drives in windows so i don't really see the logic here.

    Can anyone help me out?
    gert, May 31, 2004

  2. gert

    carl Guest

    (gert) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Config first:
    >
    > Athlon 2600+ processor
    > ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
    > 512 MB Elixir 400MHZ 184 pin RAM
    > Nvidia GeForce FX5700
    > Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Harddrive
    >
    > (Nice and simple eh?)
    >
    > Problem:
    >
    > After having problems with an inferior motherboard that couldn't
    > supply enough power to my Geforce fx5700, I switched the motherboard
    > for the ASUS and bought branded RAM (that passed the Windows Memory
    > Testing utility).
    > However, now everytime i try to boot my XP Proffessional version it
    > reboots at startup. When I choose it to startup in the safe mode it
    > stalls at loading the 'd346bus.sys' file and asks me if i want to
    > press "esc" to cancel loading it. When i press it or when i don't
    > either way it reboots. I tried repairing Windows using the recovery
    > console but nothing seems to work.
    > I have tried fiddling with the BIOS using different RAM speeds
    > (because i think the processor runs at 333 MHZ on the motherboard)
    > however nothing works.
    > The 'd346bus.sys' file seems to have something to do with virtual
    > drives in windows so i don't really see the logic here.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out?

    Did you reinstall winxp after changing out the motherboard? If thats
    the problem you have to reinstall windows after the new
    upgrade(motherboard).
    carl, Jun 1, 2004

  3. gert

    Guest

    Here's a related thread. It seems like 'd346bus.sys' is a file used
    by Daemon Tools virtual CD/DVD software. Do you use that? If so, try
    uninstalling it. Of course if you can't boot up windows you might not
    be able to do that. But hopefully this might point you in the right
    direction.

    http://www.osnn.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-2699.html

    (gert) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Config first:
    >
    > Athlon 2600+ processor
    > ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
    > 512 MB Elixir 400MHZ 184 pin RAM
    > Nvidia GeForce FX5700
    > Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Harddrive
    >
    > (Nice and simple eh?)
    >
    > Problem:
    >
    > After having problems with an inferior motherboard that couldn't
    > supply enough power to my Geforce fx5700, I switched the motherboard
    > for the ASUS and bought branded RAM (that passed the Windows Memory
    > Testing utility).
    > However, now everytime i try to boot my XP Proffessional version it
    > reboots at startup. When I choose it to startup in the safe mode it
    > stalls at loading the 'd346bus.sys' file and asks me if i want to
    > press "esc" to cancel loading it. When i press it or when i don't
    > either way it reboots. I tried repairing Windows using the recovery
    > console but nothing seems to work.
    > I have tried fiddling with the BIOS using different RAM speeds
    > (because i think the processor runs at 333 MHZ on the motherboard)
    > however nothing works.
    > The 'd346bus.sys' file seems to have something to do with virtual
    > drives in windows so i don't really see the logic here.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out?
    , Jun 1, 2004
  4. gert

    gert Guest

    You're right, I do have Daemon tools installed but I tried booting my
    other installation of XP that does not have Daemon tools and it
    doesn't come any further in the bootsequence. So I'm not sure whether
    this is going to work. Of course I also can't run the uninstall
    because I won't boot.

    Gert
    gert, Jun 2, 2004