    Posted with NewsLeecher v5.0 Beta 6
    ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
    , Aug 31, 2011

  2. BillW50 Guest

    On 8/31/2011 12:56 PM, wrote:
    > Just got a Xonar Essence ST PCI audio card to replace the popping, static ridden
    > Creative card that came with the system. But when I put the Xonar card in and
    > powerup the system, it is dead in the water. Plus one of the fans is going
    > nuts. Wonder if there is a conflict with the ATI Radeon 2600 card it the
    > system. Anyone experience this problem? Any XPS420 users happily using the
    > Xonar card? Thanks.
    >
    > LeL

    What is dead in the water? The Xonar card or the whole system? And
    Windows probably won't know what the Xonar is until you install drivers
    for it. You can find this out by checking the Device Manager.

    If the whole system is dead in the water, remove the Xonar card and see
    if the system now works once again. If it does, something is wrong.
    Maybe it wasn't seated in right. Or maybe it draws a bit more power than
    the Creative card and pushed your power supply passed the limit.

    --
    Bill
    Alienware M9700 ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3
    BillW50, Aug 31, 2011