    --
    Brought to you by an IBM PS/2 9585-0XF, "Defiant"
    AMD 486-133/64MB/2GB S/N 23HN457

    William R. Walsh, Jan 23, 2008

  2. William R. Walsh

    Ben Myers Guest

    You've uncovered an unfixed Y2K problem. ;>) It's extremely unlikely that
    there was a BIOS fix. Was Packard Bell still in business in 2000? My mind
    loses details. Too much to remember. A Y2K card would be the only fix.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Hi William !

    Good to see you here, Welcome !

    Not nearly as much action as csiph, but there are some good experts. I don't
    have any advice. I'm kind of surprised actually. I've seen many an old
    motherboard work OK past 2000 ( that wasn't supposed to :) )

    Did your P60 PB accept the 2000 thing ?

    Check out comp.sys.ibm.classic also. You will fit in there also. :)

    See you

    bob

    --
    boBWatts®©
    EartH

    Robert E. Watts, Jan 23, 2008
  4. William R. Walsh

    philo Guest

    "William R. Walsh" <>
    wrote in message news:wiylj.311945$Fc.197090@attbi_s21...
    > Hello all...
    >
    > I've got a Packard Bell Accel 386SX-16. It is in good working order apart
    > from a dead hard drive. Even the onboard NiCad clock battery took a

    charge.

    > But that's the problem. Try as I might, the system BIOS will simply not
    > accept a date past 2000. You can enter one, but it won't be saved.
    >
    > I'm wondering if a fix exists for this, be it a newer revision BIOS chip
    > (since this system predates flash ROM by a long time), an interesting
    > workaround, or one of those "Y2K" cards that were being sold almost
    > everywhere when the new millenium was coming.
    >
    > William

    If your OS drops the first two digits of the year...
    maybe you can set the bios to 1908 ?

    Probably a dumb idea but it's all I can think of

    philo, Jan 29, 2008