    --
    Kind ragards
    Søren Videbæk Nielsen
    s.v.nielsen, Nov 24, 2006

  2. s.v.nielsen

    Tom Scales Guest

    I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number

    Tom Scales, Nov 24, 2006

  3. s.v.nielsen

    s.v.nielsen Guest

    Tom Scales wrote:
    > I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number
    >
    > "s.v.nielsen" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?

    Thanks for answering. Maybe it is the battery number I've got. I will
    look into it more seriously.

    --
    Med venlig hilsen
    Søren Videbæk Nielsen
    s.v.nielsen, Nov 24, 2006
  4. s.v.nielsen

    HDRDTD Guest

    Just for grins, I looked up service tag pp01x......

    the system that has service tag (not model..) is a..

    Dell Optiplex GX1L/600
    Ship Date: 1/5/1999
    Dell IBU: Europe

    It's a PII-350Mhz
    64meg ECC SDRAM
    6.4 GB Hard drive
    etc...

    HDRDTD, Nov 24, 2006
  5. s.v.nielsen

    s.v.nielsen Guest

    Re: year of Latitude C840

    s.v.nielsen wrote:
    > Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?

    I have seen the machine now! It is a Latitude C840. It dates back from
    2001 or 2002?

    --
    Med venlig hilsen
    Søren Videbæk Nielsen
    s.v.nielsen, Nov 25, 2006
  6. it could well be the service tag number, but it may also be part of the
    model number...
    there are newer latitudes such as the pentium iv latitude c810 that also
    carried the model pp01x designation and even an inspiron 8100 and 8200 that
    share that designation. perhaps this number has to do with the chassis and
    therefore the compatible removable optical drive, floppy drive, zip drive,
    battery, etc. but i think the op should take a closer look at the machine in
    question to find the model number printer on it, the system tag number, the
    express service code number, or just enter the bios (likely by pressing f2
    during post) to see what system model and tag number is detailed in there.

    Christopher Muto, Nov 25, 2006
  7. Re: year of Latitude C840

    afaik dell started selling the latitude c840 in the second quarter of 2002.
    as i suggested earlier, look for the system tag number on the bottom of the
    machine or by entering the bios where it is also listed (f2 during boot).
    report that number here for us to look it up for you or visit
    support.dell.com to determine exactly when your particular system was made
    and its original configuration.

    Christopher Muto, Nov 25, 2006
  8. s.v.nielsen

    s.v.nielsen Guest

    Re: year of Latitude C840

    Christopher Muto wrote:
    > afaik dell started selling the latitude c840 in the second quarter of 2002.
    > as i suggested earlier, look for the system tag number on the bottom of the
    > machine or by entering the bios where it is also listed (f2 during boot).
    > report that number here for us to look it up for you or visit
    > support.dell.com to determine exactly when your particular system was made
    > and its original configuration.

    I am very happy with your answer :) Second quarter of 2002 is more
    than good enough for me, so thanks a lot :)

    --
    Med venlig hilsen
    Søren Videbæk Nielsen
    s.v.nielsen, Nov 25, 2006
  9. s.v.nielsen

    Eugene Guest

    s.v.nielsen wrote:

    > Tom Scales wrote:
    >> I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number
    >>
    >> "s.v.nielsen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?
    >>>

    > Thanks for answering. Maybe it is the battery number I've got. I will
    > look into it more seriously.

    There are two model numbers for each system. The name/model number which
    appears on the outside such as latitude C810 and another model number which
    appears on the sticker on the bottom. For example my C400 is a PP03L.
    Eugene, Nov 26, 2006