Z80 Emulator

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Not Really Me, Oct 30, 2010.

  1. Have a need for a piece of history?

    I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
    single stepping
    w/pod, user manual and carry case.

    Make an offer. email below.

    scott
    validated software
    com

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5576 (20101029) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    1. Advertising

  2. Chris H

    Chris H Guest

    In message <>, Not Really Me <scott@valid
    atedQWERTYsoftware.XYZZY.com> writes
    >Have a need for a piece of history?
    >
    >I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
    >single stepping
    >w/pod, user manual and carry case.
    >
    >Make an offer. email below.
    >
    >scott
    >validated software
    >com

    I am interested. Where in the world are you?

  3. D Yuniskis

    D Yuniskis Guest

    Not Really Me wrote:
    > Have a need for a piece of history?
    >
    > I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
    > single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case.

    Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless
    used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M
    (though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?

  4. Not Really Me wrote:
    > Have a need for a piece of history?
    >
    > I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static,
    > allows single stepping
    > w/pod, user manual and carry case.
    >
    > Make an offer. email below.

    com dot validatedsoftware at scott
    Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost.

    For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about
    CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for downloading
    code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case, just the unit,
    manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long gone. A web search
    may turn something up.
    I have an active offer, but see more inquiries here. Send direct email if
    interested, sell decision on Monday 8-Nov.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5591 (20101104) __________

    http://www.eset.com

  5. Warren

    Warren Guest

    Not Really Me expounded in news::

    > Not Really Me wrote:
    >> Have a need for a piece of history?
    >>
    >> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static,
    >> allows single stepping
    >> w/pod, user manual and carry case.
    >>
    >> Make an offer. email below.
    >>

    > com dot validatedsoftware at scott
    > Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost.
    >
    > For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about
    > CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for
    > downloading code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case,
    > just the unit, manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long
    > gone. ...

    In the days just prior to the PC, was the Intertec Superbrain,
    which ran a Z80 in C/PM. At the time, I was chomping at the bit
    to get time on the thing (at work). Then it quietly disappeared
    into some executive's home and was never seen again.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Intertec_Superbrain.jp
    ( http://tinyurl.com/2a59ot6 )

    In the early 90's I bought four of them for $20 at a flemarket, just
    so I could fool around with them. Two were for parts, but I later
    resold them all to someone else.

    What I remember is that C/PM lacked any sense of date and
    time. By that time, looking at date/time stamps of files
    from my unix experience was ingrained. But there were none
    to be found on the floppy disks. It was otherwise a cute
    little system for its time.

    Warren

  6. Neil Cherry

    Neil Cherry Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:56:10 -0700, D Yuniskis wrote:
    > Not Really Me wrote:
    >> Have a need for a piece of history?
    >>
    >> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
    >> single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case.

    > Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless
    > used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M
    > (though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?

    I've got one and it works great without a PC, yes stand alone. I use a
    hex file to download to the unit and then run it on a Z80-Starter
    Kit. I picked it up from a collector (he gave it to me). I used the
    6800 version during the 80's when I worked at an engineering firm. I
    loved using those emulators when working on code in board under test.

    BTW, it's not for sale.

    --
    Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
    http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site