Z87 Won't recognize my SSD Drives

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mailman, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Mailman

Mailman

I just built a new system around this board. When I start it up and go into the Bios everything is recognized fine. Memory, Processor, Ram, Sata drives, etc. But my SSD drives are not. I have enabled AHCI in the bios. I have also tried EIDE. Still Nothing.

If I connect only the SSD drives I get an error saying the Bios settings do not fully support the boot device. And to adjust CSM parameters. I have done this and still nothing. I called Asus. They were not really helpful. All they really told me to do was update the Bios. And that my drives were not compatible. I find this hard to believe. There has to be a setting in the Bios I am overlooking. Any Ideas? My drives are an Samsung 840 EVO which is brand new and an OCZ Vertex 2

Mailman, Oct 23, 2013
  2. Mailman

Hinton

The OCZ Vertex 2 is not SATA compliant. But at least on the Z87A, I have made it sort of work by relaxing SATA settings in the UEFI. Ie. no fast boot etc.

Hinton, Mar 7, 2014
Ask a Question