    its cost. Is anyone out there using either of these coolers on this mobo,
    and if so, any regrets or joy? Silence and better cooling are my goals here.
    TIA.

    Simian Dyson, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Simian Dyson

    RobZip Guest

    I'm using Zalman 9500's on both my son's system - P4S800D-x board based and
    mine, a P4P800 E Deluxe board system. My system a P43.0 Ghz clocked up at
    3.34 Ghz runs steady cool at 105 F in a 78 degree F room. The most intense
    workout I gave it running Prime95 for about an hour saw the temp peak at 122
    F . Doing normal stuff like encoding DVD video files for conmpression will
    see the temps hit around 116 F This compares to temps with the stock cooler
    doing the same tasks whick topped in the 140's for Prime95 and were
    typically in the upper 120's during video compression.

    Installation of the cooler is probably best done with the motherboard out of
    the case since reaching the mount screws isn't the easiest task. On my
    system I was able to unbolt the power supply and swing it out of the way.
    It's a big unit - but it does the job well. I can use the speed control and
    run it as low as 1300 RPM and still have adequate airflow.

    RobZip, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Simian Dyson

    Simian Dyson Guest

    "RobZip" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Zalman 9500's on both my son's system - P4S800D-x board based
    > and mine, a P4P800 E Deluxe board system. My system a P43.0 Ghz clocked up
    > at 3.34 Ghz runs steady cool at 105 F in a 78 degree F room. The most
    > intense workout I gave it running Prime95 for about an hour saw the temp
    > peak at 122 F . Doing normal stuff like encoding DVD video files for
    > conmpression will see the temps hit around 116 F This compares to temps
    > with the stock cooler doing the same tasks whick topped in the 140's for
    > Prime95 and were typically in the upper 120's during video compression.
    >
    > Installation of the cooler is probably best done with the motherboard out
    > of the case since reaching the mount screws isn't the easiest task. On my
    > system I was able to unbolt the power supply and swing it out of the way.
    > It's a big unit - but it does the job well. I can use the speed control
    > and run it as low as 1300 RPM and still have adequate airflow.

    Thanks, but my question was specifically regarding the motherboard in my
    subject. The northbridge passive heatsink on this mobo is perilously close
    to the CPU socket, so I need to know if these coolers fit.

    Simian Dyson, Apr 8, 2006
  4. Simian Dyson

    Dave and Kim Guest

    What mother board are you using? I just built a A8N-premium with X2 3800
    and put on an Artic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro. So far it is working great.

    Dave and Kim, Apr 8, 2006
  5. Simian Dyson

    Dave and Kim, Apr 8, 2006
  6. Simian Dyson

    RobZip Guest

    > Thanks, but my question was specifically regarding the motherboard in my
    > subject. The northbridge passive heatsink on this mobo is perilously close
    > to the CPU socket, so I need to know if these coolers fit.

    Zalman has a compatability chart here:
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=165&code=005009 If your
    specific board isn't listed, find one with a similar layout.

    I too had concerns about the clearance over the Northbridge heatsink but
    despite the close proximity, it clears very nicely.

    RobZip, Apr 8, 2006
  7. Simian Dyson

    DRS Guest

    "Dave and Kim" <> wrote in message
    > "Simian Dyson" <[nospam]> wrote in message
    >> I need to replace the stock cooler on this mobo with an X2 3800+ CPU
    >> and am looking at the 7000B-Al-Cu or the CNPS9500. The price
    >> difference on these is substantial enough that I'm wondering how
    >> much better the CNPS9500 cools for its cost. Is anyone out there
    >> using either of these coolers on this mobo, and if so, any regrets
    >> or joy? Silence and better cooling are my goals here. TIA.

    > What mother board are you using? I just built a A8N-premium with X2
    > 3800 and put on an Artic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro. So far it is working
    > great.

    The Freezer 64 Pro also has the benefit of fitting on the standard S939
    mounts. It's less than half the price of the 9500 where I live and there's
    probably no more than a degree's difference between the two. Can't be
    beaten for value/performance.

    DRS, Apr 9, 2006