    Jeff Guest

    Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT AGP?
    Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

    Jeff, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote
    > Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT
    > AGP? Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

    Now I notice the thread below re: X800XT. Perhaps I should read before
    posting.

    Jeff, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Jeff

    JamesH Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > "Jeff" <> wrote
    >> Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT
    >> AGP? Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

    Only the price. I put an Artic Cooler 5 on a X800XL and went real easy. I
    put the VF900 on my X1950 CF/XTX and no problems. Nice cooler and quiet too.
    Only wish I could have plugged the fan into the video card rather than the
    MB, then I could controll fan speed, but so far have not needed to do that.

    JamesH, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Jeff

    Rob Guest

    Jeff wrote:
    > "Jeff" <> wrote
    >> Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT
    >> AGP? Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

    > Now I notice the thread below re: X800XT. Perhaps I should read before
    > posting.

    Hey Jeff,

    I think you are talking about my thread. The VF900 on the X800XT is
    still running fine.

    The temp difference while playing games is amazing. 30C lower!

    The VF900 was super easy to install too. No height problems or anything.
    Very nice design.

    Also dead quiet; no more afterburner noise when the card gets warm. ;-)

    Rob

    Rob, Feb 22, 2007