ZIF lever tab broken

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mike, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    My son broke the tab that keeps the zif lever down on his motherboard. The
    lever is almost all the way down. Will the CPU still work?

    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. JosephKK

    JosephKK Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > My son broke the tab that keeps the zif lever down on his motherboard.
    > The
    > lever is almost all the way down. Will the CPU still work?
    >
    > Thanks

    it very likely will, but stick the lever down with some tape. replace the
    tape every 6 months as the environment there will cause the adhesive to
    fail that often.
    --
    JosephKK