Thunder K8QW (S4881)

Elijah Bass

BIOS: v1.06

512MB DDRAM PC2100

Problem: Windows hang during initial setup, displaying "Setup is inspecting
your computer's hardware configuration:", while trying to install Windows XP
or Windows 2003 Enterprise

Probably the problem is with BIOS settings, currently reset to default.

Please advice.

Thank you

Bruce Burden

Elijah Bass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: Problem: Windows hang during initial setup, displaying "Setup is inspecting
: your computer's hardware configuration:", while trying to install Windows XP
: or Windows 2003 Enterprise
:
Is your BIOS virus protection turned off?

Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
- Thuganlitha
The Power and the Prophet
Robert Don Hughes

Pangaea

Which memory did you use? I should be from the Tyan approved list.
Run Memtest86.

Good luck.