volumes...and raid is no more... BTW, it's set as Raid 1.

K8WE, 2xSeagate 7200.8 300GB

Henrik Tived

try and see the guys at www.k8we.com
I use scsi so I can't advise you based on my own setup.
Why are you wanting to make a dual 300GB drive setup as your boot disk ? I
am sure you have a good reason, I just would like to know, thanks

Henrik

"Francesco Chu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Anyone got the NVRaid to work as a boot device at all? I have updated
> the bios, tried slipstreaming drivers and still end up with 2 drives
> when the machine boots up in Windoze 2003 after install. Then of course
> it corrupts and I have to start again. This has happened 8 times
> already and I am up for suggestions.
>
> At initial install screen, it sees only 1 drive (I slipstreamed the
> nvraid driver into a new install cd), everything is fine til it boots
> up for the first time after install, then it finds 2 generic
> volumes...and raid is no more... BTW, it's set as Raid 1.
>
> K8WE, 2xSeagate 7200.8 300GB

Francesco Chu

Mirroring for redunduncy. Not my idea of fun, but I got it to work by
slipstreaming the nv raid drivers for both sata and pata (yes, both)
and then it works...bizzare. now I have to figure out network bridging.