Toshiba 2500CDS hard drive install and/or linux install help

MitchellCowen

I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.

I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
information

*** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)

What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?

Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
> [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
> mount: Function not implemented

Any help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or
installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.

THanks,
MItch

Quaoar

MitchellCowen wrote:
> I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.
>
> I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
> Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
> Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
> get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
> information
>
> *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)
>
> What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?
>
> Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
>> [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
>> mount: Function not implemented

> Any help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or
> installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.
>
> THanks,
> MItch

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the
startup process. Typical causes: *Installing incorrect device drivers*
when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

It is normally not possible to boot one computer from the HD of another
computer, unless both computers are *exactly* the same, mechanically and
electronically, in all regards.

For installing Linux, google toshiba linux.

paulmd@efn.org

On Jan 25, 11:16 am, "MitchellCowen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.
>
> I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
> Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
> Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
> get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
> information
>
> *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)
>
> What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?

Repair install. Or start fresh.

PS... that machine is not likely to be a good candidate for XP. I'd
leave windows 98 on it.

Don't know what to do about making linux play nice.

paulmd@efn.org

On Jan 26, 8:42 pm, Quaoar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> MitchellCowen wrote:
> > I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.

> > I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
> > Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
> > Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
> > get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
> > information

> > *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)

> > What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?

> > Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
> >> [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
> >> mount: Function not implemented

> > Any help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or
> > installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.

> > THanks,
> > MItch0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

> Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the
> startup process. Typical causes: *Installing incorrect device drivers*
> when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.
>
> It is normally not possible to boot one computer from the HD of another
> computer, unless both computers are *exactly* the same, mechanically and
> electronically, in all regards.

THe rules are loose. You can get away with this pretty often. And a
repair install will often bail you out of the times it doesn't work.