Toshiba A135 Questions

Barry Watzman

It looks like the Toshiba A135 has replaced the long-lived (almost 2
years - almost unheard of for a laptop model) A105. Anyone know what
the differences are? They look VERY similar, although the A135 is
missing the media buttons that the A105 had to the left of the keyboard.

Quaoar

Barry Watzman wrote:
> It looks like the Toshiba A135 has replaced the long-lived (almost 2
> years - almost unheard of for a laptop model) A105. Anyone know what
> the differences are? They look VERY similar, although the A135 is
> missing the media buttons that the A105 had to the left of the keyboard.

A quick Google reveals that the A135 comes with either of Core Duo or
Core 2 Duo. Neither would have been available two years ago. This
notebook is VERY inexpensive, and I would hope that it is not CHEAP.

Other specs are for your investigation.

Barry Watzman

The A105 is sold with both Core Duo and Core 2 Duo.

There are almost 200 "configuration models" of the A105 laptop, ranging
from netburst Pentium M and Celeron all the way through and including
Core 2 Duo, with at least 6 disk drive sizes, 4 memory sizes, multiple
optical drives ("combo" drives and DVD burners), too many processors to
count, at least 3 video options (and perhaps twice that many), and a
host of other features present on some and missing on others (internal
flash card readers, WiFi, Firewire, etc.).

The A105 was generally "ok", but given the number of configuration
options, that has to be qualified somewhat (apparently, 3 different
firms made them, and they don't even all use the same power supply voltage).

Quaoar wrote:
> Barry Watzman wrote:
>> It looks like the Toshiba A135 has replaced the long-lived (almost 2
>> years - almost unheard of for a laptop model) A105. Anyone know what
>> the differences are? They look VERY similar, although the A135 is
>> missing the media buttons that the A105 had to the left of the keyboard.

> A quick Google reveals that the A135 comes with either of Core Duo or
> Core 2 Duo. Neither would have been available two years ago. This
> notebook is VERY inexpensive, and I would hope that it is not CHEAP.
>
> Other specs are for your investigation.

Slackware Linux on the Toshiba A135 Useful Info Laptops 0 06-26-2007 10:41 PM
Toshiba A135-S4427 Display Peter Dell 0 05-27-2007 08:44 PM
A135-4487 model laptop wifi abg upgradable internally to the newer 802.11 draft N (in A2xx series)? markm75 Laptops 0 04-27-2007 02:59 PM
Do ALL configurations of the Toshiba A135 support dual hard dirves? Barry Watzman Laptops 0 04-01-2007 04:45 PM
toshiba A135 boot partition question DB Laptops 3 02-14-2007 02:53 AM