toshiba P401LCE lcd projector display - need remote or RS232 software

Jon Denly

Hi,

I have recently purchased a secondhand Toshiba P401LCE, but have no
controller or remote for it and so am unable to turn it on! When it
is supplied with power, it goes into standby mode, but connecting it
to a video source doesn't have any effect - it just remains in
standby. I am looking for either a remote, (it accepts both a wired
remote and ir), or software and/or spec for the RS232 controller port
to enable me to control it that way from my PC. If anyone has any
other suggestions as to how to turn it on, i'd be glad to hear them!

Cheers,

Jon

Grim Reaper

On 12 Jun 2004 03:32:04 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Jon Denly)
smeared the following in blood before being buried 6 feet in the
ground:

>Hi,
>
>I have recently purchased a secondhand Toshiba P401LCE, but have no
>controller or remote for it and so am unable to turn it on! When it
>is supplied with power, it goes into standby mode, but connecting it
>to a video source doesn't have any effect - it just remains in
>standby. I am looking for either a remote, (it accepts both a wired
>remote and ir), or software and/or spec for the RS232 controller port
>to enable me to control it that way from my PC. If anyone has any
>other suggestions as to how to turn it on, i'd be glad to hear them!

Your problem could be the projector lamp. It must be burn out. Be
ready to pay $500 for a new projector lamp. The prices the projector
companies charge for a new projector lamp are tantamount to extortion
and ripoff.

Grim Reaper

Jon Denly

Grim Reaper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 12 Jun 2004 03:32:04 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Jon Denly)
> smeared the following in blood before being buried 6 feet in the
> ground:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have recently purchased a secondhand Toshiba P401LCE, but have no
> >controller or remote for it and so am unable to turn it on! When it
> >is supplied with power, it goes into standby mode, but connecting it
> >to a video source doesn't have any effect - it just remains in
> >standby. I am looking for either a remote, (it accepts both a wired
> >remote and ir), or software and/or spec for the RS232 controller port
> >to enable me to control it that way from my PC. If anyone has any
> >other suggestions as to how to turn it on, i'd be glad to hear them!

> Your problem could be the projector lamp. It must be burn out. Be
> ready to pay $500 for a new projector lamp. The prices the projector
> companies charge for a new projector lamp are tantamount to extortion
> and ripoff.
>
> Grim Reaper

Thanks for the reply, but I think the bulb is fine. There were two of
these displays for sale, originally used in a video wall, and both
show the same behaviour. Both were working fine when connected to the
video wall controller, but will not work disconnected. I'm assuming
that the controller was setting them into the correct mode for video
wall usage, so something similar needs to be done to use a display by
itself. Unfortunately I don't have access to the controller to find
out how it does it - although I know it uses the RS232 serial port on
the back of the displays to send control signals. There is also what
appears to be a socket for a jack plug marked as a 'wired remote', but
no sign of a remote

Jon