toshiba sat. A80 recovery cd

rane5

hi
does anyone know how to use the recovery cd for satellite A80
thanks in advance

Barry Watzman

How to use it? Normally, you go into the BIOS setup and change the boot
order to include the optical drive BEFORE the hard drive, put the CD (or
DVD, most later Toshibas have DVD restore discs) into the drive, and
restart the computer, letting it boot from the restore disc.

rane5 wrote:

> hi,
> does anyone know how to use the recovery cd for satellite A80?
> thanks in advance.

Tootie@tootie.com

On Tue, 30 May 2006 00:36:37 GMT, Barry Watzman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How to use it? Normally, you go into the BIOS setup and change the boot
>order to include the optical drive BEFORE the hard drive, put the CD (or
>DVD, most later Toshibas have DVD restore discs) into the drive, and
>restart the computer, letting it boot from the restore disc.
>

>rane5 wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> does anyone know how to use the recovery cd for satellite A80?
>> thanks in advance.

With my Tosh recovery disc, it's as Barry says above, except that you
have to hold down the 'c' key as the machine boots up.

Never could understand why they added that feature.

Hope this helps.

Tootie.

Barry Watzman

Holding down the "C" key is just a way of forcing the computer to boot
from the CD rom drive when it is otherwise not the default boot device.
If you have set the bios to try to boot from the CD before the hard
drive, then holding down the "C" (for "CD") key is not necessary.