Toshiba Satellite 1105 DVD ROM replacement

Clark Merrill

I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive.

I have purchased the replacement drive. I now need to figure out how to
replace the drive. I can not figure out how to crack the case in order to
get at the DVD.

How do I replace the drive?

Thanks in advance for your help

Clark Merrill
Baltimore MD

PS This is my first Usenet post in 6 years!

Gray Beard

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT, "Clark Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

:>I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive.
:>
:> I have purchased the replacement drive. I now need to figure out how to
:>replace the drive. I can not figure out how to crack the case in order to
:>get at the DVD.
:>
:>How do I replace the drive?
:>
:>Thanks in advance for your help
:>
:>Clark Merrill
:>Baltimore MD
:>
:>PS This is my first Usenet post in 6 years!
:>

Unfortunately what you have is one of the Compal built Toshiba models. What
you are trying to do is a major undertaking that involves a complete strip
down of the computer and removal of the system board to get to the DVD
drive.

If you check previous posts I sort of remember someone posting a link to a
disassembly guide for that model. Or maybe someone who has the link can
post it for you.

Good luck.

Gray

Jeff S

Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/ge64/1115-S103/index.html

This site actually covers hard drive replacement in a Satellite 1115, but maybe your 1105 will be similar enough that it'll help. Toughest part of the 1115 disassembly is removing the hinge cover, as it's thin, brittle and needs to be flexed in order to remove it. After that, it's pretty simple. Keep track of which length of screw went where, because there may be a couple of oddballs.

Jeff

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT
"Clark Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive.
>
> I have purchased the replacement drive. I now need to figure out how to
> replace the drive. I can not figure out how to crack the case in order to
> get at the DVD.
>
> How do I replace the drive?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Clark Merrill
> Baltimore MD
>
> PS This is my first Usenet post in 6 years!

Clark Merrill

Thanks, That is it exactly.

Clark Merrill

news:(E-Mail Removed)...