Toshiba Satellite 1115S screen goes blank

mkyprianou@ictv.com

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103 laptop that periodically the
screen goes blank while using it. If I push down the lid closure
button ( little black protrusion, above the keyboard, to the left of
the status leds ). It's as if the unit senses the lid has been closed
and is hibernating. I've tried disabling all power down features.
With no luck.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any fixes?

thanx, mark

jas

> I have a Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103 laptop that periodically the
> screen goes blank while using it. If I push down the lid closure
> button ( little black protrusion, above the keyboard, to the left of
> the status leds ). It's as if the unit senses the lid has been closed
> and is hibernating. I've tried disabling all power down features.
> With no luck.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem? Any fixes?
>
> thanx, mark

if u can b more specific will try to help u

mkyprianou@ictv.com

On Feb 26, 8:53 am, "jas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 10:19 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I have a Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103laptopthat periodically the
> > screen goesblankwhile using it. If I push down the lid closure
> > button ( little black protrusion, above the keyboard, to the left of
> > the status leds ). It's as if the unit senses the lid has been closed
> > and is hibernating. I've tried disabling all power down features.
> > With no luck.

> > Has anyone seen this problem? Any fixes?

> > thanx, mark

> if u can b more specific will try to help u

Sure, what areas do you want more info on? The problem, what I do to
fix it?

The problem occurs while using the laptop. It occurs more frequently
when I'm on battery vs on AC power. As you are using the laptop, the
screen goes blank. If you push down on the lid closure button and
then pull up on it, the screen comes back.

I've tried disabling standby and hibernate power features.

thanx, mark