Toshiba Satellite LED error codes

dstvns

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a list of these flashing LED
error codes my Toshiba Satellite keeps sending out. I've attempted
over several hours to find a listing on Toshiba's website, but they
refuse to post any info except "go to the repair shop".

If anyone knows the secret location of Toshiba LED codes, I would be
greatly appreciative, thanks

Dan

seawolfe

These flashing codes are in hexidecimal for several problems that usually
all refer to some portion of the system board that is having a problem. The
codes vary a little from computer to computer and type of model like Tecra
versus Satellite versus Satellite Pro and so on. Most models have one main
part like a system board while others may have a system board, a separate
power board, video board, sound board, etc. Without knowing the actual
model of your Satellite, it probably sounds like a system board failure.
Have you tried the Compuserve forum run by Toshiba Users? It is not an
Official Toshiba site, but they have lots of people who have a good
knowledge base to help you. Otherwise it sounds like service time at a
Toshiba authorized service center, or premiere service center (and you can
find these listed at the Toshiba web site).

"dstvns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a list of these flashing LED
> error codes my Toshiba Satellite keeps sending out. I've attempted
> over several hours to find a listing on Toshiba's website, but they
> refuse to post any info except "go to the repair shop".
>
> If anyone knows the secret location of Toshiba LED codes, I would be
> greatly appreciative, thanks
>
> Dan

dstvns

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:14:12 GMT, "seawolfe" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>power board, video board, sound board, etc. Without knowing the actual
>model of your Satellite, it probably sounds like a system board failure.

Sorry, it's a 2595CDS. The code is 01000100 with long flashes
representing 1's. I am guessing the first LED flash is the binary
digit farthest to the left, moving towards the right. Otherwise the
above binary sequence is backwards

>Have you tried the Compuserve forum run by Toshiba Users? It is not an
>Official Toshiba site, but they have lots of people who have a good
>knowledge base to help you.

can you help point me in the right direction? I tried looking on
toshiba's website, but I think it required me to use a compuserve
login, and I don't have an account.

Thanks,
Dan

tc

http://forums.compuserve.com/gvforum...sp?SRV=Toshiba
You can browse without signing in. To ask a question you must get a login.
Its free
Terry