touchpad lubricant (besides talc or cornstarch)

Jonathan Westbay

My oily skin makes a touchpad very difficult to use. I searched and
found that some people use either talc or cornstarch to dust their
finger in. However, these powders sure do make a mess. I also
thought about graphite but that would be messy too. Any other ideas
on a better solution to keep the touchpad smooth? I thought it might
break in on its own, but that is not the case for me. As it is, I
have thin fingertips and it has difficulty detecting the pressure.
-Jonathan

Notan

Jonathan Westbay wrote:

> My oily skin makes a touchpad very difficult to use. I searched and
> found that some people use either talc or cornstarch to dust their
> finger in. However, these powders sure do make a mess. I also
> thought about graphite but that would be messy too. Any other ideas
> on a better solution to keep the touchpad smooth? I thought it might
> break in on its own, but that is not the case for me. As it is, I
> have thin fingertips and it has difficulty detecting the pressure.

Palm-type write protectors, cut to size.

Notan