TPM Motherboards

dmeglio@gmail.com

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there can direct me to some TPM
enabled ATX motherboards. Ideally I'm looking for an NVidia 590 SLI
chipset AM2 motherboard.

I've been looking at ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. None of them seem to list
their high-end AM2 boards as supporting TPM.

Also, if my board just as a TPM connector, where can I purchase the
actual module?

Thanks.

Wes Newell

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:37:12 -0800, dmeglio wrote:

> Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there can direct me to some TPM
> enabled ATX motherboards. Ideally I'm looking for an NVidia 590 SLI
> chipset AM2 motherboard.
>
> I've been looking at ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. None of them seem to list
> their high-end AM2 boards as supporting TPM.
>
> Also, if my board just as a TPM connector, where can I purchase the
> actual module?

Careful what you ask for, you might actually get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted...nce#Criticisms

dmeglio@gmail.com

I'm not asking someone to spout to me why TPM is bad. I'm asking for a
list of products. I need TPM for many reasons, I couldn't care less
about "big brother conspiracy theories," TPM doesn't scare me at all. I
also don't look to Wikipedia for my authoritative information.

Anyway, as I said, I'm looking for product information, not opinions on
TPM.

On Dec 4, 3:29 pm, Wes Newell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:37:12 -0800, dmeglio wrote:
> > Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there can direct me to some TPM
> > enabled ATX motherboards. Ideally I'm looking for an NVidia 590 SLI
> > chipset AM2 motherboard.

> > I've been looking at ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. None of them seem to list
> > their high-end AM2 boards as supporting TPM.

> > Also, if my board just as a TPM connector, where can I purchase the
> > actual module?Careful what you ask for, you might actually get it.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted..._Alliance#Crit...
>
> --
> Want the ultimate in free OTA SD/HDTV Recorder?http://mythtv.orghttp://mysettopbox....yth.htmlUsenet alt.video.ptv.mythtv
> My serverhttp://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
> HD Tivo S3 comparedhttp://wesnewell.no-ip.com/mythtivo.htm

Wes Newell

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:49:07 -0800, dmeglio wrote:

> I'm not asking someone to spout to me why TPM is bad. I'm asking for a
> list of products. I need TPM for many reasons, I couldn't care less
> about "big brother conspiracy theories," TPM doesn't scare me at all. I
> also don't look to Wikipedia for my authoritative information.

I'll remember that next time.

> Anyway, as I said, I'm looking for product information, not opinions on
> TPM.

It appears you can do without my help then. Good luck.

Blue Pill, TPM avoidance Venom Asus 6 10-05-2006 02:32 AM
Blue Pill, TPM avoidance Venom AMD Thunderbird 6 10-05-2006 02:32 AM
Question about DRM or TPM foreign steel Overclocking 5 07-19-2006 02:33 AM
D810 Broadcom TPM Requires Flash Restoration fordp71@cox.net Dell 0 05-15-2005 11:21 PM
HP Compaq nc8000 Trusted Platform Module (TPM) security module Karl Magdono Laptops 1 01-17-2004 08:24 AM