Track 0 on WD Hard Drive

Dayda

I had GoBack Program running on my WD Hard Drive. Than I had a problem
in my computer the H.D. showed bad sectors, and I formated it,
forgeting about GoBack. Now I can't install windows becouse GoBack
prevent it.
I hered that GoBack put a file in track 0 ant that is the couse.
how can I erase track zero.

jamotto

(E-Mail Removed) (Dayda) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I had GoBack Program running on my WD Hard Drive. Than I had a problem
> in my computer the H.D. showed bad sectors, and I formated it,
> forgeting about GoBack. Now I can't install windows becouse GoBack
> prevent it.
> I hered that GoBack put a file in track 0 ant that is the couse.
> how can I erase track zero.

A low level format should work WD should have this utility. This will
erase everything on the drive.

Scott Nightlinger

Dayda wrote:
> ... my WD Hard Drive...
> the H.D. showed bad sectors, and I formated it,
> how can I erase track zero.

go here: http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp
and download the data lifeguard utility. Copy it onto a floppy, stick
the floppy in the floppy drive and restart your computer. Use the
utilities available, such as EZ-BIOS and writing all zeros to the drive,
to prepare your drive for new installation.
-Scott