Trashed disk drive using RAID, please help

Ted

I did a very stupid thing today. I thought that I could mirror my hard
drive (which I had installed everything onto in an unmirrored format)
on the fly. However, when I enabled the Silicon Image 2112 controller
for RAID on my AX4SPE Max I found that this wiped the format
information off my drive. So I have a drive that (I'm sure) still
physically contains all my data, but I can't reach it because there's
no format information any more.

If anyone has any ideas, software, pointers to a way to restore at
least some of this information (in particular I'd really like to get a
few documents that I saved on this disk and my mail folders back) I'd
sure appreciate hearing from you.

Ted Schroeder
(E-Mail Removed)

Wizard Prang

Ted, I can't help, but...

Do a web search on "unformat"

Next time... BACK IT UP!

Prang

On 3 Jan 2004 15:00:59 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Ted) wrote:

>I did a very stupid thing today. I thought that I could mirror my hard
>drive (which I had installed everything onto in an unmirrored format)
>on the fly. However, when I enabled the Silicon Image 2112 controller
>for RAID on my AX4SPE Max I found that this wiped the format
>information off my drive. So I have a drive that (I'm sure) still
>physically contains all my data, but I can't reach it because there's
>no format information any more.
>
>If anyone has any ideas, software, pointers to a way to restore at
>least some of this information (in particular I'd really like to get a
>few documents that I saved on this disk and my mail folders back) I'd
>sure appreciate hearing from you.
>
>Ted Schroeder
>(E-Mail Removed)

dpos

(E-Mail Removed) (Ted) wrote in news:23016423.0401031500.3b986b92
@posting.google.com:

> I did a very stupid thing today. I thought that I could mirror my hard
> drive (which I had installed everything onto in an unmirrored format)
> on the fly. However, when I enabled the Silicon Image 2112 controller
> for RAID on my AX4SPE Max I found that this wiped the format
> information off my drive. So I have a drive that (I'm sure) still
> physically contains all my data, but I can't reach it because there's
> no format information any more.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, software, pointers to a way to restore at
> least some of this information (in particular I'd really like to get a
> few documents that I saved on this disk and my mail folders back) I'd
> sure appreciate hearing from you.
>
> Ted Schroeder
> (E-Mail Removed)

Try this app out, it's recovered data for me even from a damaged RAID 0
array so I know it works. There's even a demo version so you can see how it
works.

http://www.r-tt.com/

dpos