Tried two speakers, still no beeps.

Bubba Gump

This is weird.
I recently moved my MoBo, a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum, into a new case.
Everything works fine (I'm on it now), but when I start the computer up, I
don't get any POST beeps. Since I can't find the internal speaker in this
new case (just the 4-pin connector with wires disappearing into the
fascia), I assumed either the provided speaker was either dead or missing.

So this morning, I took the speaker out of my old case and plugged it into
my new one, plugging it into the MoBo connector; booted up; still no beeps.

What would stop an internal speaker from working when everything else works
fine? I've built several PC's, so I know what I'm doing, and nothing is
plugged in "backwards", "upside down" or in the wrong place.

Any ideas? Anyone seen this before? Thanks.
--
-*- Bubba -*-